- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup andouille sausage, chunked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, minced
- 1 tsp oregano, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can whole, peeled plum tomatoes, with juice
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- In a large saucepan, warm canola oil over medium heat. Add sausage; sauté until crispy on the edges, about 8 minutes. Stir in onion, celery, green pepper; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken thighs and sauté until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Return heat to medium; stir in cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Continue sautéing about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, scallions and rice. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to very low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.