Bacon, Egg, & Mushroom Burritos
- 6 slices thick, applewood-smoked turkey bacon (6 oz.)
- 4 oz fresh shiitake or button mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 12 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (7 to 9-inch), warmed
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; pour off all but 1 Tbsp drippings. Add mushrooms; sauté over medium heat 2 minutes. Add arugula or spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs- until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of each tortilla, dividing evenly; top each with 1 bacon slice. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.